Drop Shipping Singapore: A Comprehensive Guide
This will be a very thorough beginners guide for those interested in learning further about dropshipping in Singapore. Here you'll find which dropshipping models are still profitable, and you can decide which is best for your current situation.
Please keep in mind that the environment of e-commerce dropshipping is ever-changing, and what works now may not work in a year's time.
The ability to adapt to changes quickly distinguishes those who are profitable and those who are not in this business model. You'll need to keep learning as much as you can in this regard.
It would be advisable to follow the model shown here and gradually look to diversify your revenue sources through dropshipping in Singapore.
Why Should You Become a Dropshipper?
There are numerous advantages to dropshipping in Singapore, some of which are highlighted below:
- Dropshipping stores are simple to set up, particularly on Shopify.
- The startup costs are minimal.
- There are few expenses.
- You can operate a dropshipping business from anywhere.
- Product testing is simple.
- Dropshipping stores are simple to grow.
However, as with any business, dropshipping has drawbacks. Before you consider how to begin dropshipping in Singapore, consider the following potential difficulties:
- Quality and shipping are out of your control.
- You will be responsible for damages and returns, even if it is your suppliers’ fault.
The Legal Requirements of Dropshipping in Singapore
There is no record of any Singaporean being imprisoned for participating in dropshipping. You must, however, exercise caution when selecting products to dropship because you have no control over product quality.
You should also avoid consumable products like supplements and instead focus on gadgets and generic items like smartwatches or clothing.
Also, keep an eye out for a list of products that are not permitted for importation into Singapore.
Drop shipping Tax in Singapore
The law requires you to pay income tax as a Singaporean doing business in the country.
You are not required to register your company. That is, you will file your returns as an unregistered sole owner. Unless or until you decide to register your company.
It makes no difference where your suppliers are from or whether your market is outside the country. As long as you're doing business and earning money, you should always report your revenue and file your tax forms on time.
How Do You Become a Dropshipper?
If you want to start dropshipping in Singapore, here's what you need to know. In this country, you can establish a dropshipping business for almost any product, (as long as the product isn’t illegal in the country). To do so, you must first complete the following steps:
- Conduct market research and identify a niche.
- Choose a company name.
- Registering your business isn't strictly necessary, but it can be beneficial.
- Look for dropshipping suppliers.
- Product sourcing and testing.
- Select an e-commerce hosting platform, such as Shopify.
- Create your online store and incorporate products from your preferred dropshipping suppliers.
- Start marketing your business
- Begin selling.
How to Do Dropshipping in Singapore
There are several ways to begin dropshipping in Singapore, and we'd like to highlight a few dropshipping models that you can begin right away.
Shopify is a popular e-commerce marketplace because of its simple interface and the ease with which an e-commerce shop website can be set up.
When dropshipping on Shopify, this is a simple workflow:
- Create a Shopify store and purchase a domain name. They do provide a free trial period for new entrepreneurs.
- Design a professional logo. To expedite the process, consider using Fiverr or Pixalogo.
When deciding which payment methods to offer, there are several factors to consider.
For example, if you want to accept credit card payments from your customers, you can use a third-party provider or Shopify Payments.
- Choose a Shopify theme.
- Connect to Shopify apps like DSers to easily begin listing items from Aliexpress.
- In your Shopify store, list and price your products. Make certain that everything is priced correctly and with a sufficient margin.
A good rule of thumb is to have a gross margin of at least 20% on each sale.
- To drive traffic and potential customers to your Shopify store, promote it through advertising or SEO (search engine optimization).
- Manually process orders or use apps like DSers to automate order fulfillment.
- Give the best customer service you can.
- If necessary, process any refunds or returns.
Your Shopify store will be heavily influenced by the audience you intend to target for your product's niche. You must understand your potential buyers' personas and the channels through which they will become acquainted with your brand.
These reports can provide your business with information on how to:
- Improve your product marketing both online and offline.
- Upsell to your best demographic target.
- Create product bundles and promotional pricing.
- Boost your average order total.
- Check on the competition.
- Look for more ideas to incorporate into your store.
In addition, to keep an eye on your Shopify’s competition, you can rely on Findniche’s AdSpy. A tool where you can find out what your competitors are advertising on different social networks.
As you can see, you can filter by different sites, to see only the ads from shops on those platforms. In addition, you can select the social network they’re advertising on, to see if they’re competing with you on the same platform.
You’ll find trustworthy information about ads in several languages and with very useful statistics. So you can replicate them to success or design a better strategy to win those potential customers.
WordPress is currently among the most popular CMS (content management systems) on the market. A CMS allows you to easily handle the creation and modification of website content.
WordPress controls nearly 60% of the industry for CMS-powered websites on the internet. It is no longer necessary to learn to code or have specific technical knowledge in order to create a beautiful website. They simplify the process for you.
This is how the basic workflow should look like when you’re dropshipping on a WordPress website:
- Buy a domain name and hosting plan.
- Set up a theme for your website. Choose a simple theme that loads quickly, such as GeneratePress.
- Use a plugin like Alidropship to make it easier to list products from Aliexpress on your website.
- Make certain that everything is priced correctly and with a sufficient margin. A 40 or 50% gross margin per sale should be enough to cover your marketing costs.
- To drive traffic and prospective clients to your WordPress store, use SEM (search engine marketing, which is ads on search engines like Bing or Google) or SEO.
You can also advertise on social media platforms such as Facebook pages, YouTube channels, and Pinterest boards.
- Give the best customer service you can.
- If necessary, process any refunds or returns.
Driving traffic to your site through Google SEO is heavily reliant on how you conduct keyword research on Google. Long-tail keywords are a powerful tool.
If you're thinking about doing Google paid ads, go for keywords with high search volume and buyer intent. Assume you are paying for ads for the search phrase "jade roller," which may not be as good as "best jade roller."
The benefit of organic traffic is that it means traffic for the coming years with a one-time effort. Whereas paid ads traffic will cease as soon as you stop spending money.
When dropshipping on a marketplace, the following is the basic workflow:
- Setup your Qoo10 store (you will need 10000 Qcash, for which you must pay SG$100.).
- Configure the shipping options in QSM.
- List your products from the online retailers you selected.
- When the order is shipped, update the tracking number in the marketplace platform.
- Give the best customer service you can while also responding to any customer inquiries or Qoo10 questions.
- If necessary, process any refunds or returns.
- If you choose Qoo10, they will send you money after about a month.
This business model appears to be limited to Qoo10 and Shopee in the Singaporean market.
Dropshippers are generally disliked by marketplaces because they have an impact on their internal metrics. These are some of the customer experiences and shipping performances within their platform.
Make sure to always understand the rules of the marketplace where you intend to dropship. Before going all in, test a few products and make sure you understand the entire process.
In comparison to Shopify and WordPress, this requires the least amount of money and may only require your credit card.
The primary reason is that you won’t need to drive traffic to your store. It is already being done by the marketplace, which already has a pool of customers. Furthermore, marketplaces may have more credibility and trust from buyers than a website.
However, you will have less control since you'll be selling on marketplaces and will be at their mercy if their rules and regulations change drastically.
Top Dropshipping Suppliers in Singapore
You now understand how to begin dropshipping in Singapore and how to select dropshipping suppliers for Singapore sellers. We can look at the top dropshipping companies in Singapore.
Singapore has a manufacturing industry, in fact, it accounts for approximately 21% of the local GDP, around SG$106 billion. However, It is primarily concerned with high-level products such as electronics, precision engineering, aerospace, and biomedical science.
As a result, Singaporean dropshippers may need to source products from other countries (such as China). The following are maybe the best dropshipping suppliers for Singapore sellers.
This China-based e-commerce platform is well-known for being one of the best places for entrepreneurs to find dropshipping suppliers. AliExpress, which belongs to the Alibaba Group, is a major B2C marketplace.
Products are available in 40 categories, including electronics, clothing, jewelry, and bags. It is free to sign up for an account, and there are usually integrations or plugins that will sync your e-commerce shop to your AliExpress account.
Also, thanks to FindNiche’s AliExpress top chart, you’ll be able to look after the top-selling and top growing articles to add to your listings.
It is permanently updated so you can keep your trending listings fresh. In addition, you can choose between the top of the last 7 or 30 days, plus filter them by categories. This way you can only look for categories that you’re interested in.
However, this chart shows the best articles of all time, and maybe you’re looking for new trending items. Then you just need to switch to “New Trending” and you’ll be seeing the top items listed within the past 30 days. Without a doubt, it is an all-in-one tool.
ChinaBrands, another good dropshipping supplier, has warehouses all over the world, which helps reduce delivery times and costs. Almost any product can be found here, from cosmetics and cameras to homewares, and their Quality Control team claims to inspect all products.
Items are shipped within 24 hours using reputable couriers such as DHL and EMS. You also can expect distributor pricing and good product descriptions. As well as attentive customer service through a comprehensive help center and live chat.
The platform also allows for simple integration with Shopify, making it an excellent choice for Shopify dropshippers.
Shopee, which began in Singapore in 2015, is now present in Malaysia, Vietnam, the Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, and Taiwan. Although it began as a B2C marketplace, Shopee dropshipping Singapore now allows B2B dropshipping.
The platform is especially appealing because its payments service holds payments to suppliers until purchase deliveries are confirmed. Furthermore, Shopee's China Marketplace allows Singaporeans to buy straight from Chinese merchants without incurring shipping costs.
The platform also includes ratings and a review system to assist you in selecting the best dropshipping businesses on the site.
DSers is among the best dropshipping companies for Shopify dropshippers. Sign up for an account. Then download and install the app from the Shopify app store. Finally, link your DSers and Shopify accounts, and you're ready to start building your dropshipping business.
The app enables Shopify dropshippers to directly source thousands of products from AliExpress. You can even test products without paying for them because you won't pay suppliers until your customers pay you.
DSers is a wonderful way to source products for your shop, regardless of where you are in the process; there is a free basic plan for new dropshippers. While established businesses can choose paid plans with more functionality.
Worldwide Brands, which has been in business since 1999, has established itself to be a B2B supplier directory. Although it is headquartered in Florida, it operates globally, making it an excellent choice for dropshippers who manage a large international brand.
The platform also takes pride in only working with "legitimate wholesale suppliers" and providing excellent customer service. That is why it is regarded as one of the best dropshipping companies available.
Suppliers are located in a variety of countries, so Singaporean dropshippers can select dropshipping suppliers from Asia. Those that want to go global can find dropshipping wholesalers all over the world. However, there is a one-time fee of US$224 for lifetime access.
Success in this area of business should be much easier once you understand the fundamentals of dropshipping in Singapore.
Dominate Your Market Now!
460,000+ sellers are using FindNiche as a secret weapon to win! But they'll never tell you.Try it for $1!